BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 22, 2010

Taking The Good With The Bad

Last Friday, a thoughtful man (insert sarcasm) totaled my car for me. This has been a HUGE stress on me. I have cried approximately 51 times because of this. I'm an analyzer by nature. I think about every statement, and action... and then I break it down. So, my head has been going CRAZY this week. As it stands, I still haven't been offered a rental, and no settlement has been reached. This is all because the man who hit me refuses to give his statement to the insurance company, and we now have to wait on the police report. Awesome! What does this have to do with weight loss? Stress is a killer on the body!

Everyone reacts differently to stress. Some eat until they are so full, they can't remember why they were stressed to begin with. Others quit eating, or eat so little that they drop LOTS of weight. Neither way is ideal, for obvious reasons. How does my body react? I'm not hungry when I'm stressed, but it seems when I do eat, my body hangs on to EVERY SINGLE CALORIE.

I have bounced all over the scale this week. Now... before you fuss, I know that you should really only weigh yourself once a week. But, I was curious to see what this stress was doing. I've gone up, I've gone down.. and repeat. So, I'm going to NOT over-analyze the week. I've made less than ideal meal choices, but have worked out as much as possible. Because, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." -Legally Blonde

0 comments: