BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Saggy Panties and Wedding Gowns

A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I celebrated our five year anniversary. Around this time, I was bouncing through the house, and had an idea. I wonder, will my dress still fit?

I couldn't resist. I HAD to try it on. I ran through the house to my bedroom, and dug to the back of my closet. I was like a small child at Christmas, tearing into that really, really, big box under the tree. I slipped in the dress, reached behind me, and zipped it up. And I laughed. Uncontrollably. As did my husband.


Now, just in case you can't tell, the dress is huge. I discovered that I can slip out of the entire bodice of the dress, without unzipping it. (Please excuse my ponytail and lack of makeup, I had just finished housework). After our laugh, my husband made the comment that most women no longer fit into their dresses, and mine is falling off. How awesome is THAT?!

The picture above is a closeup of my shoulder. It shows the distance between, my shoulder and the strap. Obviously, I was enjoying my new discovery.

A few days before the wedding gown discovery, I discovered something else. Saggy undies. Yup. While looking at my profile in the mirror, I looked down and noticed something; my underwear no longer made contact with my butt. HA! And when I say saggy, I mean there was 3-4 inches hanging. I've had to buy smaller shirts, pants, bras, and even shoes. Why on Earth did I not think about underwear? Once again, my husband was there to make jokes... and inform me that my undies were unacceptable. Agreed.

I'm at the point of my journey that I'm having a lot of fun. I'm still adjusting to the compliments, and people asking "where did you go?". I still change clothes several times each morning trying to find something in my closet that isn't ridiculously large. I still grunt, sweat, and ache with each workout. I still try to push my body further than it's been pushed before. And, most importantly, I still can't wait to look in the mirror when I've reached the end of my life changing journey.

2 comments:

Leaving Fatville said...

Okay, I am now itching to go try on my wedding gown. I doubt it'll be as saggy, but won't it be fun to see the progress!

Anonymous said...

Amazing Cool!!! Go for you girl..keep it up.